Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Prayers Selfish Prayers

I woke up super early this a.m. and, instead of going to the gym, decided at the very last minute to pack for vacation tomorrow. I felt convicted to go to Bible study tonight and start my vacation off right.

Instead, our flight to NYC was canceled for tomorrow and we're re-booked on a flight this afternoon. Hello urgent rush. Laptop backup. Financial proformas, income statements, balance sheets, graphs, working capital, cash flow analysis on hold  . . . carry laptop? Do in hotel?

So I have two prayers:
1) Thank you God for insisting that I pack this morning!
2) Please, please, please let us get out of JFK safely before the storm arrives

Oh, did I say two? Make that three:
3) Please let us travel safely throughout our adventure and have heaps o' fun!

EBITDA can wait. Pina colada cannot. I know my priorities.

3 comments:

KevinOn7 said...

Do you always feel like a convict when sentenced to Bible study? Is it that "offensive"?

Citygirl said...

Have a safe trip. Does this mean your not giving us play by play postings?

Pranayama mama said...

spoke too soon. stuck in queens. blah.