Monday, December 12, 2011

Photo Per Day #12: Ornaments

Tis the season to decorate the Christmas tree. As such, it's that time of the year when I open a box filled with my very own, unique ornaments. Ornaments that my loving friends and family created and hung on the tree at a surprise party for my 30th birthday 17 years ago this month. (Sheesh!) You know that you're loved when everyone, bar one, selected the worst possible pictures of me. (It's really not that hard.) Ornaments of me as a baby with food all over my face. Looking miserable as a kid. Kicking my leg in the air at parties (i.e., knickers shot) as an adult. Holding cocktails at parties. You name it, I have it.

After almost two decades in a box, they're not faring so well so I decided to capture a few on "film." Today's image may explain why I am shorter than the rest of my 6' tall family.

5 comments:

KevinOn7 said...

I didn't know mom and dad sent you to school smoking weed. Were they really that permissive? And that headband is sooo groovy!

Pranayama mama said...

I wasn't going to school. That ain't no plaid uniform.

uncle wally said...

Is that a menthol?

Toni said...

I think that's a Virginia Slim -- loved the marketing of that brand, not that I inhaled though.

Suzanne Marie DeWitt said...

Were you seriously smoking?