Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mother of the Year

Yesterday, feeling overwhelmed, I started sobbing at work. Later, my computer crashed. Blue screen. "Beginning dump of physical memory." Not that there's ever a good time for that but, now? Really?

Around 7:00 p.m., on the way home, as I was losing my mind, one of my favorite songs was playing on The Zone (a station I never, ever listen to but may start now): Where is my Mind? And the bumper sticker on the truck in front of me read, "Nope to Self." What exactly does that mean?

As I pulled onto my street, I noticed my mom's car pulling into my driveway. She had gone for dinner/drinks with her girlfriends and brought with her an empty travel mug. Why? To buy a cosmopolitan for me, sneak it out of the restaurant and deliver it to my doorstep at the very moment I arrived home.

Some may call that enabling. I call that love.

Thanks mom.

2 comments:

uncle wally said...

and some may call that against the law.

Pranayama mama said...

i didn't mention any names or restaurants . . .