Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ding Dong D'oh!

Last night, the doorbell rang and Son #1 opened the front door.

"What the . . . ?"

He just stood there so I got my lazy bones off the couch to see who was there. No one. Empty front porch. Silence.

I almost closed the door but immediately realized that there were a dozen or more people scattered across our front yard lying motionless. It was like a flash mob but eerily quiet. More like a flash mob that met instant death on our lawn. Dumped from a hovering UFO? Overtaken by sudden, mysterious mushroom cloud? I could see the headlines a la "100K fish found dead in Arkansas river," or "More Than 1,000 Dead Birds Fall From Sky In Arkansas."

12 Teens Found Dead on Local Lawn

A minute after we opened the door, they all jumped up, started hollering and ran down the street. When they were a few doors down, Son #1 yelled something fairly incoherent to them about "You better run" and they all stopped. They gathered into a tight bunch in the middle of the street and stood silently staring at us.

Seriously. What the . . . ?

I stared back for what felt like a really long time (but was probably less than a minute) until they started running away again. They then turned the corner never to be seen again.

It bears repeating: What the . . . ?

Kids these days. Engaging in harmless fun. My the world has changed.

3 comments:

KevinOn7 said...

It certainly beats Flaming Bag of Poo.

Pranayama mama said...

Good point! Whenever Bernice would have a girlie sleepover, someone would leave a flaming bag of poo on her front porch. Isn't that odd/vile?? I would attempt a guess at who the freak was but our neighborhood was filled with miscreants (excepting you).

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward
to new updates.

Also visit my web page; http://gto120dlaocm402mfos02.com