Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ho Hos Are Society's Best Friend!

Finally some good news!

According to a study reported in today's Chicago Tribune, it costs the government more to care for healthy people who live years longer. The long-term cost to care for smokers is $326K, obese people is $371K, and thin/healthy people is $417K.

It goes on to say that the study did not take into account other potential costs of obesity and smoking, such as lost economic productivity or social costs, blah blah blah . . .

No analysis paralysis here: I know exactly what I need to play my part in reducing the burden to society. Just when I was inching back toward 115 lbs., I get the green light to course correct.

Slim-Fast be gone! Hello Sweet Potato Hoe Cakes.

2 comments:

DarkWing said...

lol, and ice cream! :)

Pranayama mama said...

i had my eyes on the soft serve just yesterday and thought i was nuts! it was snowing and i could barely navigate the parking lot -- ice cream???