Monday, February 7, 2011

The Voice of Truth

The weekend is over again. How does this keep happening?! Acupuncture? Check. Swimming? Check. Life by Keith Richards? Check. Superbowl fun? Check.

At the end of the typical weekend drive-a-thon, I ended up at my mom's church last night. (Note #1: Kevin, you can stop reading right now. Note #2: Mom, sorry for not calling. Hopefully you went earlier! Came home from Bristol, dropped the snowboard gear in the garage and kept going.) Sometimes I am overtaken with emotion during church services. Yesterday was one of those days. (Glad you weren't with me?) A young soloist, maybe high school aged, sang the Voice of Truth during communion. She looked and sounded like an angel.

I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth.

Later Jennings, celebrating the Packers' win, cameras everywhere, confetti flying, says to the FOX interviewer, "To God be the glory."

(Yeah, I hear ya hon. God hates the Steelers.) Even though I know that most of us cannot stand when famous people thank God during awards shows or game day wins, it always takes me by surprise. And I love it. As we say, somewhat robotically, in church week after week, "It is right to give Him thanks and praise." I don't gotta problem with that.

No comments: