Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fashion Challenge

I was thinking of attempting to buy my clothes for next 12 months from only one fashion-backward, mall store, like Sears or JCPenney, to see what I could come up with. I thought that, over the course of the year, I would possibly a) save some money due to the dearth of options, b) look absolutely heinous even by local standards (or lack thereof), or c) rise to the challenge and throw some *great* looks together on the fly.

Then I ran across the Winter '09 collection by Juliette Hogan (via Down & Out Chic). So pretty!

Professional yet feminine, the look above consists only of a simple cardigan, pencil skirt and blouse in muted colors. Shouldn't be too hard to replicate, right?

So I decided to compare against the online Sears catalog to see if they had anything remotely of that caliber.



Wow! A lime green, short-sleeved suit with white buttons and contrasting stitching? You betcha.

This could be fun.

3 comments:

Citygirl said...

No! No! Not the Sears outfit. No! and more importantly, do they really actually sell that stuff? Go with the pencil skirt!! :)

Pranayama mama said...

Well, I don't know if they actually sell any of this stuff but it's definitely available! Just gorgeous and perfect for . . . something.

uncle wally said...

I think both of you should buy the same outfit, and see the reaction of the locals. Could be an interesting cultural experiment.